Saturday, March 27, 2010

On Why I'm Writing Obnoxious Poetry These Days

I’m tired of all the sad and depressing verse
It’s true that I’ve got many a wounds to nurse
But picking at them will only make them worse
And hence I’m writing all these happy words
I haven’t got the backbone to play a flute on
Thus, these joker’s robes I’ve decided to don
Happiness does not live forever, with time it’s bound to go
I’ll go back to my old self soon, howling at the starry dynamo
I’ve decided to have fun with my words till then
Words, which, like other words, will go all in vain
I’ll write poems so bad that they’re really bound to be good
But tell me if you don’t like them, you’re welcome to be rude
I know that it’s a façade, but please don’t tear it down
Let me remain the way I am, the same old insane clown

1 comment:

Samadrita said...

Lol I'm actually loving these poems a lot.Does that make me insane too? :P
Meh who cares?Just be yourself.
And besides happiness is a relative term.Not all days are meant to be happy.It's only because of the sad times that we realize the true worth of the happier moments in life.