Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bewilderments Reloaded!

I don’t get it why I am a subject of feminine despise
I don’t get it why my friends never give genuine advice
I don’t get the point of “vowels” rhyming with “bowels”
I don’t get it why they punish you when you’re caught in a hotel stealing towels
I don’t get it why the previous rhyme seemed so tough
I don’t get it why my poetry(!) never seems good enough
I don’t get it why Israel and Palestine bomb each other down
I don’t get it why I feel uncomfortable finding the right pronoun
I don’t get it how I used to get highest in grammar though the classes were such a bore
I don’t get it what joy you people find when my pleasantries you choose to ignore
I don’t get it why poets find the rain so romantic
I don’t get it why I don’t get the meaning of semantic
I don’t get it how can the world possibly be round when it seems so very flat
I don’t get it why sports commentators waste their time blabbering this and that
I don’t get it why I conflict with my parents all the time
I don’t get it why must I write something to make this sentence rhyme
I don’t get it why God bestowed me with such a funny looking face
And I don’t get it why you’re reading this nonsense in the first place

Well, after all these if you still think that my sanity is intact
I swear I’ll fall in love with you, and that’s an authentic fact

1 comment:

Quintessence Of Illusion said...

tui na bhishon bhalo likhis.......rather asadharon likhis.......this one really appealed to me