Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Letters from an obstinate garden



I didn’t mean what I had meant
I haven’t seen what you had sent
Doesn’t matter, fear the fire
Put it out, put it out…..

“Oh, c’mon!


Old pictures, tired, sad,

Philomela speaks with her eyes:
The gown of an old wizard
The crown of a cold lizard

“Unmask! Unmask!


I’m sorry, I don’t mean to hurt my ghost

Speak not a word against him
I’m a happy guest, I don’t even know the host
Amen! Raise a toast!

“So what’s that thing you love most?


……………………………………………………………………
……………….

Broken, the child awaits the dawn

Broken, a junkie turns the pages
A token, and a life to pawn
Green mothballs, withered sages

“You’re live on TV, brother!


Mirror mirror on the wall

Kill the snakes before they bite
Mirror mirror on the wall,
Will it rain or must I fight?

Pale mother, green, soft, sad

Like the morning train
I have her pictures too
Long long ago, she was blue

“Life, you’re free!


And now I’m a tree

(With bullet holes)
And now I can see!
(Through the bullet holes)

………………………………………………………………….
.

There’s a time

There’s a place
There’s a rhyme
There’s a race

“Oh!

……………………………………………………………………

There’s an old man who loves his life

And there’s another one who doesn’t
There’s a young man who loves his wife
And there’s another one who doesn’t

(There’s only one flower left

The rest are made of paper
The last song is still being sung
Hurry up,
else you’ll miss the bus!)

Comes back, right back

A crown with a thorn
A clown with a horn
Naked, forlorn

“The moon is broken


The mocking bird’s mocking shocking words!

Shh! The baby’s asleep
It’s buzzing, it’s spinning
I’m happy, I’m winning

(But the enemies seem bigger in the rear-view mirror

And the knife’s too close to my eyes
And the life’s too close to the skies)

“Roll on…..


The best one shines too bright

The rest seem out of sight
And the one who comes last shall dig the skies
(She dreams of Paradise!)

……………………………………………………………………
…..

And then,

The cloud came
And then,
All the same….

“Okay, pack up, show’s over!

1 comment:

goutamjay said...

Really enjoyed it. Gave me 'Slim Shady' feel. I'm following your blog on Google reader.
Good goin. Keep it up.