Monday, July 16, 2012

Mother of all Constructs


Look what we’ve done to ourselves
We weren’t supposed to be here
But now that we are,
to fuck with it all.

I’d rather lie down on my belly
and rub my cock against the bed
and be indifferent
to passion and pain,
than this.

I’d been to these fabulous banquets.
I have wined and dined and slept
with these splendid women,
shaken hands with their husbands
and discussed Orson Welles with investment bankers.
I’ve seen dogs dying,
Cats screwing,
Horses running in moonlight.
As if any of these matters.

This wishing well
is a nice dream
These children
will never become kings and queens.
And the women
don’t love
And the men
don’t exist.
And worst of all,
The boxers don’t dodge punches.

This is a sad place
Dying of tedium and lassitude
Dying of wretched indifference
The mountains have moved away
The oceans have dried up
The dark that once was an idea of pure marvel
stinks of pee and puke from ordinary human perception,
worn out with thirst and want of care.


We were all on our way to glory then
We are all stickers on beat windscreens now.


I can’t choose between beer and icecream
I can’t choose
between being here
and not being here.


1 comment:

Soumi said...

The children prominently feature in your write ups and I love that. However,I was wondering where it comes from. There must be something behind your obsession with piranha,children,horses,puke,whores etc. They give it a very unique character but still,I'm curious. And "The dark that once was an idea of pure marvel
stinks of pee and puke from ordinary human perception" worked for me. And one of your best endings by far!