Friday, November 26, 2010

Moronic Verses

Two Liner

When the mind is new

It needs some cud to chew


Don’t worry, I’m a rattlesnake

The night is starry, and the battle’s fake


They place it in the cake, they call it art

They face it by the lake, and they get hurt


Even sadness has its own pitfalls

It skips the dinner, it misses the meatballs


Don’t write to the grave

It doesn’t make you brave


You think this is a rhyme?

HaHa! You’re wasting your time

……………………………………………………………………………………..

Three Liner

I have this strange knack

Of looking back

To say hello to the railway track.


I have this strange wish

Of tearing off this leash

And making love to the goldfish


I have this strange habit

Of being the rabbit

When all I need is to stab it


I have this strange dream

Of hearing drowning children scream

While having my favourite ice-cream


I have this strange window

That shouts at the rainbow

And says: “I’m blind, you know!”

…………………………………………………………………………………………….

Four Liner

Don’t think you’re too smart

Your smartness isn’t worth my fart

I have my map, I have my chart

It’s just that I’m yet to start


Don’t think you’re the god

And though it sounds a trifle odd

They took me to the firing squad

But they couldn’t find their fishing rod


Don’t speak when you don’t know

Which way the naked winds blow

And which way the pilgrims need to go

To learn all these just book a ticket for my next show


Don’t take me for a jester

The last time I heard from my sister

They were trying to arrest her

She looked gorgeous, her name was Esther


And don’t take me for granted

For the platoon lies stranded

And before the dreams get planted

I’ll be thoroughly disenchanted

……………………………………………………………………………………………

Five Liner

Eye for eye, tooth for tooth

High and dry, telephone booth

Sigh and cry, and fuck your youth

You need some luck, you need some truth

And if not, just hire a sleuth


Well I know that it sounds strange

But just beyond that mountain range

I’ve got some meetings to arrange

So kill me and take your revenge

Now, have you got some loose change?


Henry Miller and Friedrich Schiller

Saw a girl and planned to kill her

And as they hid behind a pillar

Henry said: “We need a Healer”

And hence they called up Ben Stiller


Don’t worry baby, I’m here

I’ll just stand, and I’ll volunteer

To make all bad things disappear

But keep in mind, never to endear

Yourself to Santa Claus or his pet reindeer


If you come here and touch

It won’t really hurt much

But if you steal my crutch

Or, for that matter, my Swiss watch

On our next date we’ll have to go Dutch

………………………………………………………………………………………….


(Abrupt Sadness, and hence) the Mood-Spoiler

I’ve left my sorrows behind

Just those occasional letters

To remind

Myself

That once we talked of sunflowers and cauliflowers

…………………………………………………………………………………….

No comments: