Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sudden Rain

Don’t seek for morals in those stories untold

Don’t seek for sighs when true sorrows unfold

Read to me from your pages, read me all thy dreams

Sing to me the song of sleep, though of love it seems


And those raindrops – oh, they refused to learn

To worship that lake where all your sonatas yearn....

But the river and the forest – they’ll never forget

Those ancient songs of love, that sad and silent sunset


And in that empty field they stand in rows and rows

Like soldiers frozen in love, a million timeless scarecrows

The sullen eastern breeze, it carries their unsung song –

Far beyond those skies, where their souls belong


The desert stands empty as the moon bathes the sands

The moonlight is like wine, but it's water he demands

Oh, he’s tired, thirsty and dying – fall on him as rain,

For Ithaca seeks her green for Ulysses to cry again !


And I’m that hopeless soldier who’s lost all his wars

My armour hides my wounds, my helmet hides my scars

Seventeen miles from here, my epitaph you shall see

In a blank piece of stone, I’ve preserved it all for thee…..

2 comments:

Brainfreeze Blues said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samadrita said...

Really well-written.You are my favorite poet without any shadow of doubt. :)