Wednesday, September 2, 2009

That Faithless Faith

Last night she came to me

Like a crazy rainkissed epiphany

Like the clouds that seem to be

Like the dreams I dream to see


Just the tides to roll along

With the window that sings my song

Like the moon when she’s sad

Like the tempest when he’s mad


And the clouds covering through

The night so empty, the night so blue

Creeping down my window-pane

The sad and sullen autumn rain


All those pains and all those sighs

All those rains and all those skies

All those wounds – they dry up, and then

The sadness comes back again and again


The streets are empty – bitter and cold

No lips to kiss, no hands to hold

Yet the vision – it comes and goes

Like the river that flows and flows


Lost my sword, lost my shield

Fleeing from the battlefield

I toss and turn and then I feel

But for myself, I’ve none to kill


And the fairy – there she goes

I’ve given her my plastic rose

She smelt it once, she smelt it twice

Her hair had clouds, her eyes had ice


Fire dancing atop the waves

Dancing atop the moaning graves

Dancing with the restless souls

Dancing towards the endless goals


Last night she came to me

From the other side of the sea

She tied me up with the cherry tree

She whipped me and she made me free


Felt the flames but not the pain

Felt the water but not the rain

Felt the wound but not the blood

Felt the river but not the flood


I seek my laurels to rest upon

When I’m dead when I’m gone

Write nothing on my grave

Save the fact that I was a slave


Waiting for the stars to fade

Waiting, sleepless, on my bed

Waiting for the love that died

Waiting by the riverside


The river’s deeper than my dream

Never had the guts to swim

But someday it’ll come back, I know

Until then, the rain and the snow ….

3 comments:

Samadrita said...

Nice as usual.But I'm kind of tired of this stuff at the moment.Now will you type out that tag post? :X

Quintessence Of Illusion said...

Nice...........seems lyk a continuation ta ya Angel

workhard said...

WOW!!!!

Thats very nicely written...

Domain registration india