Monday, September 7, 2009

Eight Reasons as For Why I Don’t Post Personal Stuff

The Buddhist Analogy of the Eightfold Path

  1. Right View: My views are my business…. And I shall judge whether those are right or wrong.
  2. Right Intention: Perspectives matter…. Revolution may be the right intention for A, but B has the right to differ
  3. Right Speech: I never gave a damn. People who love me do not mind. And as for people who don’t love me, I’ve got nothing to give them but for the effects of my flatulence
  4. Right Action: I do what I feel is right. But other people might feel differently. My flatulence shall greet them as well
  5. Right Livelihood: I’m studying to be a lawyer. That explains.
  6. Right Effort: What the hell is that? Go ask Buddha. Stop bugging me.
  7. Right Mindfulness: Doesn’t exist. For me at least. My shrink told me not to bother. Hence I don’t
  8. Right Concentration: I’ve been suffering from Attention Deficit Disorder since I was 14.

P.S. Buddha didn’t say how to define right and wrong. He spoke of the conscience (Atmadeepa Bhava : Light the Lamp of Thy Conscience, as he said to one of his disciples on his deathbed. But I wasn’t there. Hence I plead ignorance)…..

Maybe he meant those pre-existing norms, mores, customs and such other didactic bla bla s that shape the human conscience, but the times have changed. Anyway, that’s enough I guess

P.P.S. One reason as for why I’m posting this crap:

Samadrita has threatened me with dire consequences if I don’t tag her in a post. And going by her recent blog entries, she’s getting freakier every day, and she might just end up actualizing her threat! Here I tag you, dearest friend. Have mercy on this meek soul. Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peace....

Samadrita said...

If you don't play by my rules then why should I? :X
This is not the post you're supposed to be making.If you didn't wanna accept the tag you needn't have made any post for that matter.
AND THIS IS NOT HOW A TAG WORKS.
*makes a mental note to never tag Atindriyo again*

atindriyo said...

:(
tagging ta ekta boka boka concept

workhard said...

That was well thought of analogy..;)

Domain registration india