Sunday, July 26, 2009

Five Snippets of Solitude

1)
Perhaps darkness was better than light
Perhaps life was better than death
Perhaps the soldiers should have marched back
But the twilight the twilight the twilight…..
Who dares defy the orders of the twilight
in the city of the civil guards ?

2)
Here, in these tired and restless corners
There are no pyramids or totem-poles
to remember the dead moths
Yet, and yet, they are remembered
by those cats – darker than the nights,
who used to make love before the sea


3)
But I shall not seek that city
where time seeks the blood of lovers
I shall not seek that river
where hyacinths refuse to bloom…..
And I shall not seek the room
where the roof smells like death

4)
Must I embark on that dreary voyage
in search of solitude?
Must I refuse the love that comes
to me in tattered robes?
Must I wake up every night
and watch helplessly as my city

burns in silence?
Must I keep on crying in the empty
stone corridors only to hear my
own tears mocking me in echoes?


5)
Ah, these are forbidden thoughts
Empty like the sounds of our

very own footsteps…..
What matters is that you made me happy
I used to wake up to stare at the garland
of a thousand voices and dreams
encircling your naked body as you slept….
You made me happy
Or maybe it was the rain
Aye, the rain…

3 comments:

Quintessence Of Illusion said...

ahh........ya obsession for death.....reminds me of Being and Nothingness

Samadrita said...

God I don't know how you can write two pieces in one day.And such nice verses too!You're blessed my friend.

NesQuarX said...

good... Modular, I likes... This is like a well annotated Java program compared to your normal GWBASIC.