Monday, May 19, 2014

History of all the Shipwrecks of the World

and there you are, i see you
with your Damascene and your lip-balm
i was born the morning after
i was born when things were cold,
you are hounded by the ghosts.


and one day all wounds shall shine
and the stars shall dance like crazy
i call you from the other side
there's an epitaph and a windchime
and i call you; do you know my name?


and the Prince was dying by the tree of light
when love arrived to strike him down
i put my heart in a cup of gold
Buddha love, all my life,
all my death for you.


and you hear the endless tale
you see the endless sky
no bird chirps, no leaf falls
i've repaid my debts to all victory & defeat
let us go to Uranus, Neptune or Pluto.


and the gallows have fallen out of use,
the mortuary gates are tightly shut,
the maternity wards heap scorn, salt and saintly diplomacy
it's no fun being here, let us leave
let us go to Uranus, Neptune or Pluto.

No comments: