Monday, May 7, 2012

Am I Drunk Tonight?


The morgue – it points straight
To all
And more
Authenticity matters a lot
See the horses  - white
in full-moon, less murderous tonight
Than before
I... you want to know the truth, don’t you, baby?
I never cared. We went as far as life could take
Horses drown
In honey
Our depths speak
Pretending love, pretending truth
And empty morsels
My toys, your toys
My dad choked me on puke
Mom din’t care
I did.

And thus it goes
Strange, innit? Strange for strangers
Who’ll wait, or maybe
Who won’t
...............................................................

She’s free and she’s there
Fascinated
By her toy pistol
She lays,
Her sense of humor –
Intact
..........................................................................................................


Thor and his hammer – my love
My friend
Ravished the weak links tonight
Soon, i’ll be off
Yes, it’ll take some time
For wounds to heal – as she
Says
But, ah well
I guess i’ll just be drunk tonight
You hear me,
Do you not?

........................................................

এভাবেই ষব খষে খষে জাএ
কিছু বোঝার আগেই
আবার, দুর্বোদ্ধো নামে
দুষ্টকীট, নষ্টকীট
কোন বাঞ্চোদ থামাএ প্রোক্রিআ কতোক্কখোন?

.....................................................................


Whiskey, boys,
It’s the light of lights
Three and three
Chickens have their answer to love –
Sweet love
I’ll make such sweet love to you tonight
That even the chickens will forget
All about empires
And, i remain, as i am
Closer to the dawn.
Closer to death
......................................................................................

They like to put signatures everywhere!
They don’t know it, but they’re funny
Heavy, put through, and
Damn fucking funny

..................................................................................................

Love songs
For the roaches
Suffocate them –
With all your pretexts
The allure knows
What does it know?
As if i fucking care

I care for you as much
As you cared for me
when you killed me
with all your kindness
.......................................................................

Ah, icecream vans
Running over kittens
On brutal mornings
When the sun gets orange
All of a sudden
And we, remain as we are
Dumb, kittenish
Awaiting icecream vans
..........................................
I should’ve carried flowers for the receptionist
I forgot,
They said, after one swimming pool of alcohol
they needed a peep through to my liver
I forgot those flowers
And i forgot to ask her
Whether she likes red or white ones
But before the birds spit at the bees
And the bees spit at the admen
I’ll get my flowers alright
And they’ll smell of gold and nothing
No one cares, save the receptionist

.................................................................................

Breathing in, breathing out
As the moon gets through to
The cows that moo
Ah, breathing in, flowing past
Asinine and happy for her
She got what she wants
She’s moving out abroad
I hoped to be sad
As luck would have it,
I’m not,
I’m worse
I’m passing through the astute beckoning
As if, they would’ve cared for all the indifference
Who talk of Shakespeare past midnoon
As if i would recognize
The helplessness of the ones truly lost
Like me, and like you
And, i’ll never care for you or you
Or for your false toys that talk
I’ll never.

I’m bad
Or maybe, i was good, i’m just too fucking shitdrunk
To care.

I care when i am drunk
Do you?

.............................................................................................................
Oh general are you not the bravest one around?
Your guns looked more real than mine
When, that day
That green island
Drowned
With sixteen blows up the asses of
All that ends
And all that doesn’t.

........................................................

Well known uniforms of fancy, baby
I still insist on lechery and love
With cigarettes stuck between
My mouth
And hostile anecdotes, or
Are they? Didn’t you tell them what a grand fool
I proved myself to be? Oh, you didn’t?
You make me stronger
Every passing day
Need i thank you for that?

Excuse the bridges
Those are not for anyone to pass through.

..............................................................................................

Yes, consignments don’t matter much to me
And neither does confinement
Almost akin to feelings,
Something like the torn leaves
I beat the rain to the pavements
And i eat the morsels of, well,
Of what?

..................................................................................................

And before you understand
Everything passes by
And insects have their party
Half past midnight
When the moon is red
Is it so, dear sir?
Is it so pretty ma’am?
You never cared when i was sad
And neither did i
When the bells tolled

............................................................................

Love, on its knees
Bleeding, like you and me
Fireflies choke
On my grasp
As she lies
Beside me
A sex machine’
A dawn of reckoning
....................................................

Everyone will hate me for this.
Everyone must, but dearest, do you remember
When the earth still smelled of the rain
And the sweaty navel of you and of your harshest fright –
Your body swirling past the muck,
Your brain, closer to mine than you expected
But not close enough to lash out at the sparks.

...............................................................................

Everyone becomes, and is happy being,
just like that
Monstrous, abhorrent of solitude,
Of insanity
And everything else, everything that’ll force a detour
And everything that’ll make them strike out
Even Chatterton took rat poison
Thinking of this
Or, did he?

Doesn’t matter
What matters is the fact that
Everyone freaks out
At the idea of insanity, of getting mad like hell
It’s a sad world
Where we cry,
Hands in pockets, collars pushed up
Poised, powerpointed, too busy to think or care
As if not breaking down at midnight
Makes them any better –
So they douse all they can, and refuse all
To have their open and naked say –
It’s as if choking the flow,
Jostling with everything that seeks to break out
Makes them any better.

I get bored pretty fast
Don’t you?

...............................................................

The um rhyme
Makes the world move
Does it not, sister?
If no one celebrates
Why bother?
Light up all you can light up
It’s you who’s celebrating
Because the chains have fallen apart
As wolves rape the innocence
Of dawn
And you, who cowered as the idea of insanity
Is not afraid of the wolves anymore
So why bother?
Set the world on fire, all by yourself
And the rest shall follow
And the gods shall love you
For what you did
Now, be silent for a while
For heaven’s sake
Let me contemplate
Loving you

Like i have never loved

.............................................................


I remember, five years back
When i could please myself without having to watch stuff
And when the idea of high heels used to get my pecker – up
Above the world so high – i needed no help from outside –
Nothing, no booze and no weed
Could ever possibly match up to the audacity of challenging God
And the fires that would play through my nerves – back then
I loved the radio – all the FM channels that make me want to puke my soul out –
If there’s one that is – ah well
I used to think that i was god – i thank that even today, just that
Faces were clearer then – even broken bits of them.

...................................

Everything just fucks the status quo up
Honestly, i don’t like it in here
One blow job from one uptown bitch
And you blow your half a month’s salary up
Tell me, friends, is this worth it?
Yes, i too, can love and hate
And i too can fall off, like an autumn leaf –
Guts, punched out
Heavens, splattered asunder.

Hah, i’ve grown taller than the skies
So much so that i can’t even cry anymore

Is it worth it? Honestly, is it?

I have used the word ‘honestly’ twice up there
Honestly, that’s none of your fucking business

................................................................................

It sucks, waiting here,
For the rain
For the bread
For the ass
With sweat trickling down armpit
And observing, from a safe distance –
The whole damn sky on fire
The tip of icebergs to hunt you down
To darkest caves.
Your inside is convoluted
You are convoluted from inside
You know that there are colours everywhere
Just that, you won’t bother to see them bright enough
To cut through your flesh, to grind your bones –
Your dick, my dick, your pussy
Ah, i don’t have a pussy
It’s just that the snow
Gets into my eyes
And roses refuse to bloom
Before the due penchant for thirst arrives.

.......................................................................................

You say you’re sad to leave – you kid me, don’t you?
Down here, the goldfishes are placid
And the tramcars are indifferent – it’s just
Just the dust weaving our colours –
You won’t mind that, even if you aren’t sad,
Will you?

I feel like crying
I won’t
The goldfishes are still there
And so are the trams through dusty colours.
.................................................................................

I’m just a sad boy who writes when sad
And just that –
Falsely in lovely with truth
And truly,
In love with falsity
As curtains tremble in breeze
And things pretty much begin and end with this
This, i dunno, just this being here i guess,
On my knees
Begging mercy
Begging the rain
And that’s it in here
Don’t iron the years out –
Let me be, spiteful of your way of life
Seeking vendetta against mine,
Wild, madly, against the stars
Ah, the stars are ablaze tonight
Why do you lose out on steam?

This, dearest, is not the right time
And nothing close to it, by far.

.................................................................................. 

A you speak of flags i see
Don’t you know that i have mine too?
There are way too many lousy posers out here
Who think they care for stuff, ranging from insects
To humanity in general
Hah, as if. And hahah!
The moon will still drown in honey
The skies will still be ablaze
They don’t care for you
No one does, save yourselves.

...........................................................................

The hookers whom i fucked
Shall rule the world some day
And the others whom i didn’t
Shall inherit
This is the scheme i lay down
For the losers, the boozers, and the other jokers who deign to dream
As crickets set my nerves on fire.

...........................................................................................


A poem of love i write to thee
You’re free, you’re free
(and now that you’re free enough,
Do refrain from bothering me)

Now look,
I love them all,
But i love you a bit more
Than the rest

So why complain?


...............................................................................................

Buddy, the women you sought
Are happy tonight
The horses you rode
Ride the tides
This monstrous beckoning
And yes, the dementia too –
Well, flowers in flowerpots –
This night, these nights
Make you feel like you’ve lost it, FINALLY
And you look retarded when you’re pensive.

Everything must rape you now, mustn’t they?

................................................................................

Ah, yawn.
The dawn strides down
In golden flip-flops
Through the sand
The moths are tired too
The tiger can’t stand before me –
Like the hours i kneel before
The tiger and the dawn my screw one another
I don’t care.
Dawn arrives
In blue pyjamas
Piranhas sink,
In dreams of love
In dreams of hate

...............................................................................................

Snakes, hissing past
Me. Fog gathers.
Church and the lion’s mane, bits of dead ants
Angry vultures, hungry slaves.

Everything – this damn crowd knows of here
Repulses me, as i unfurl this flag you’ve always wanted to see aflutter –
Yeah, one more bridge, but i’m the sort who speaks. A lot.

So, don’t bother. I don’t mean everything i say.
Or maybe i do.

.........................................................................................................

bereft, like the children of this cold hour
i creep towards you, yes, i am a reptile once again
and i shall be whatever i want to be.
Love is sweet. Love breaks the sky apart.

.......................................................................................................................

Am i drunk tonight?
Goblins ride on roosters
Green eyes shining, shining for this melody
Of the aftertaste
And thus, it moves
Tumbling through
The squares that hide the circles. It’s all in geometry –
Even the death-charms, here.
And so were the mammoths.

Am i drunk tonight?
Won’t you sing a sad song when i break?
Or when the waves break the mountains?

...................................................................................................

Get a grip, boy
You are weaker than me, i know
But it’s snowing now
And i can’t afford to be blind
And neither can you.

............................................................................................................

Everything that motivates –
Rotates round the spine
Everything that doesn’t, just stays there.
It’s all mechanical, isn’t it all mechanical?

Okay, that’s enough for two hours of fertility
I’ll sleep now. Look, i really need to. Will you write my assignments for me? You won’t, right?

So, why bother?

.....................................................................................................................................


No comments: