Saturday, August 4, 2012

Kind Cows Shot Through Inter Alia Death Desiderata Disco-Pain


Let us all unite against this damnation
Let us fight this decay and defeat
It’s late and the Gods from the skies are spitting
on our heads
and the sparrows are shitting there too
but better late than never
there might be some light or
there might be a lot
or there might be none
the frogs might make love
and the nuns might all go insane
but it’s a shame how we wait
for things to happen
and then things don’t
and then we wait some more
till our outsides and insides
start rotting
teeth and balls start falling
and guts start curling upwards
like diseased leaves.
it’s all a shame, this training
to get used to boredom
to abhor solitude
and poverty
or to love them, desire them
to piss on living
to piss on dying
to waste and wither away and conk off with a whimper
it’s a shame, this denial of choices
this worshipping of compromises and stale morsels;
we’re melting down
and soon we’ll all become
waxes on mud
horse-shit on straw
maggots on the rotting flesh of life
it’s all a crooked parody of what we were supposed to be
what we could’ve and should’ve been:
Kings and Queens of the world

Let us resist this disgrace of total decimation
Let us beat the shit out off the conspiracies the pile up
on the hunchback of life,
this utter indignation of being forced to
wilt away before being allowed to bloom out loud
Let us fight the doom that holds us down –
Before it’s too late
Before all doors and windows shut off
and walls and roofs close in.


We must reclaim our bright Empire
under the sky
and blaze through the dark
avenues of timeless history.
We deserve this.

…………………………………………………………………….

There was an aquarium at the reception
of the office where I was waiting
for my call from the interviewers
It had green and yellow fishes
and the water had a bluish tinge to it
maybe because of the tiny bulb inside.
The receptionist, she was a middle aged lady
of tender bearing:
her lip-gloss was pink.
The plastic flowers peeping from the vase
on her desk
were pink as well.

It was raining like hell outside
though nothing could be heard from inside the lounge.

It seemed like a monster was lurking somewhere
ready to burst out through the curtains
and tear the calmness apart with terrible rage
and I was there, sipping my double-shot espresso
staring at green and yellow fishes,
waiting for it to come out and explode
But it didn’t
and I got my call from the interview board
comprising of a fat old man in Armani
and a fascinatingly ugly woman
with massive boobs.

There was a picture of a white stallion –
running –
on the table

Among other things I was asked what creature
I relate to most.
I said fishes, mostly green and yellow ones
in aquariums
of posh lounges.
I wasn’t lying.

While coming out, I noticed that
everything remained just the way I had left them
The fishes the flowers and the receptionist and her lipstick
were all in appropriate places
No monster had broken free yet.
And it was still raining outside.

I went down to my favourite booze shack
and spent the rest of the day there
and stumbled back home way past midnight:
Tripping on happily despairing visions
of green and yellow fishes in Armani and colossal boobs and pink lipsticks
interviewing
hopeless drunkards,
from across tables with pictures of white
horses
running,
and fat old men and ugly women and tender ladies
floating around in bluish waters of sparkling aquariums.

They had told me that they will let me know
Three months down and I haven’t heard from them yet.

……………………………………………………………


Chromosomes march out tonight
They’re playing the music loud
in squares and parks and pavements,
they’re letting me know
of their hunger and thirst,
of their life and death:
through pamphlets and roars
and everything loud and everything clear

Soon, all rivers will flood
all mountains will break
and all skies will open up and pour something dreadful out

And cities will shrivel up
and sidewalks will be ablaze
and buses and trams will turn into demons hideous as sin
and theaters will show shows of fear.
and love will turn lawless
and hate will run free
and flowers of tender mercy will not be of tender mercy anymore.


The chromosomes are brutal tonight
because I had ignored their letters of deliverance
and they’re marching out in fury
loud and clear.

……………………………………………………………………………….



I had seen a street dog die.
It was hot like devil’s armpits
and the dog was sick for some days –
wasn’t making any sound,
limping.
My neighbour –
a forty three year old widow
with splendid curves and reportedly loose morals –
had given him rice and a boiled egg
and a bowl of medicated milk.
I know this because I was
observing her stately ass
as she bent down
and crushed some tablets on the milk
a few minutes before.

The dog
ate a little
of the rice,
nibbled at the egg,
sniffed the milk
and staggered away

Like a beat soldier walking back home
it dragged its weary body down
to the loose widow’s staircase,
shivered for a few seconds
and heaved into an abrupt arch.
And once that moment bigger than heaven or hell
or everything the dog or the widow or I knew
or didn’t know
passed,
it flopped down
into a large still mass of flesh bones and skin
and just that
and not a dog anymore

Soon enough, folks from the municipality
came down and took the mass away
because this is a posh neighbourhood
and stray dogs aren’t allowed to lie dead on the smooth streets here
for very long.

I watched the entire thing as it happened and did nothing.
God’s been closing in on me since then.

………………………………………………………….


This I write for you.
This dank dark room you saw me living in
before you left
is still here
and I am still here inside it
while you’re flying away
to a different world, a beautiful dream.

The concept of you
not being here
is scarier
than your not being here.

Outside, the sweaty August night
is etched with sad patterns
of desperate minutes and seconds of love.

You’ve taken everything when you left
And with you the idea of absolute purity is gone.

Those furious beasts inside
whom you made me make peace with
are breaking through
once again.

I’m staring at your pictures
I’m staring at everything silent, everything ghastly blank.

This life is no better
This death is no better
And it’s all shit.


Be happy, you splendid woman.
……………………………………………………………………………….

No comments: