Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Crooked Confessions


Nothing beyond the frozen tide

No gods to rule, no laws to abide


Nowhere to flee, too dark to hide

Just don't look

And don't open that book



Nothing but the river


Burning, cold, fever


A million years staring down


A million faces, to smile and frown


A million races, each with its crown


You can sink, but you won't drown



The death sky, the sewage pipe


The snake so naked, the apple so ripe


Spectres shout - "all the best!"


Sceptre says - "I need to rest..."



Talking to my eyes before the light


Take off those colours, they're too bright !


And light stood naked there


Didn't know, didn't care....



Breaks his silence, and then he utters:


"I need to sleep, in the gutters"


Nothing makes sense


Except self-defence


Bethlehem


Gave me shame


And nights are dead

And lights shall fade


And I am made


Of sand and dust


Of flesh and lust


Of brick and stone

Of prick and bone

And of everything that screams

And of everyone who dreams

And
facilis descensus Averni

(Though it's easier to climb the sky)


And verily, I say unto thee
-

Well that's enough, I need to pee


My 33-generation-forefathers'
forefingers

Created this ripple, this ripple lingers


And two drops of rain


And two drops of pain


And everything that's pure


For my eyes to cure




Finally,


It's melancholy


And the mist-engulfed train


Enters the gambling den


And I gamble with my pen


And count my loss and gain...


And before my table, it becomes a snake


And now I gamble, with my flesh at stake....


And I throw my dice


For the star that dies


For the sun to rise


To melt the ice


From my eyes


For Him to Rise,


For the ring she buys


For the fleeting highs


Of Divine surmise -


That schizophrenic surprise


Of my unfelt sighs


And those untold lies -


Of pathos in disguise ...


Just to sympathise


With the skies......


And the last kite that flies...


Heavenwards


Blessed by bards


Cursed by birds


Stringed by words


That bite and sting


And yet, does sing


Like bells that ring


For the rain to bring


Everything....





And what happens next?


Are the dead gods vexed?


And the saints oversexed?



Well, I guess that you already knew


That I'll bring nothing for you


Save that hope - of something new....


And those flames leaping up


And the poison from my cup,


Or the left-overs, at least...


Well, I'm sorry, I just forgot that you exist.....




Wait, was it you, or was it just your smile?


Never mind, move on, I lose my way for a while


So now you've won the bet


For I didn't wait....




Chew me up, Gulp me down, Shit me out


My shadow, my penumbra and my doubt


Poisons to breed and cancers to sprout


Needs to need and shouts to shout


Seeds to seed and enemies to route


Fevers to rave and rules to flout


Shivers to wave and to ask about


The one who fought the final bout....




I'm a Cloud even today, though


I don't wear Trousers now,


Trousers are out of stock, you know


And I've lost my old pair somehow....



And, well, never mind, just forget it


Busy-Street, Easy-Meat, Holy-Shit...

4 comments:

Quintessence Of Illusion said...

a well identified vision......the flaw killing generation after generation.............good one

NesQuarX said...

Nicely written. But lad, did they never teach minimalism in the school you studied?

atindriyo said...

no:(

atindriyo said...

i like the flourish.