Thursday, February 4, 2010

Catacombs by the Foglight


Wake up, girl,
become a dream,
a hood to unfurl
and a river to
swim

Me, in sleep, cold
Us, in sleep, grey
Me, awaking, old
Us, awaking, to betray

Me - one-winged bird of prey
Us - statues made of clay


Pandora, and her box
My dirty clothes inside
Pandora, washing my socks
And then came the tide!

The flutist – there he goes
His eyes, made of stone
And cannonballs, and windows
And myself all alone


The kings and the queens
The aces and the knaves
Lonely, in those ruins
In the faces of the waves

In the graces of the graves –
Fever raves….


The children of the fog
Staring, yellow, neon-pale
The master and his dog
The impaled must now impale!

Flames lose their lust
Me, same, and another
By the gruesome dust
Memory, womb and mother….

Faces, like the dying noon
Faces, dead by the evening
Amen, and see you soon,
There’s a song that none shall sing

There’s a bell that none shall ring
The king is dead, long live the king….


Wake up, sunshine girl,
It’s the morning, be naked for me!
And as for that black pearl
I’ll go out and I’ll dive down into the sea…..

1 comment:

Samadrita said...

I liked the rhythm and flow of words.I can't say I got the complete message(when do I ever when it comes to your poems? :P)but this one goes into my list of Atindriyo favorties.