Sunday, October 11, 2009

Verses for Ahasver


These words are for Ahasver – the Wandering Jew…. Cursed by Jesus on His way to Crucifixion, he is doomed to immortality till the Second Coming….. To this date this eternal conqueror of faith, hope, love, and all that bloody jazz that gets poured into our mortal soul every living moment, rambles on…. Death lies vanquished at his dusty ragged boot-heels…. Or at least let’s imagine all these things for the time being…. Let’s just give a resounding kick up the backside of philosophy and theology and take a stroll along those dusty tracts of hopelessness side by side with this faithless savant of immortality….. Just a little break from the chain, that’ll suffice…… Happy Journey !




Heart, play in silence...


The sick poet sought the skies

And the tired singer bought paradise


Hence play in silence, heart,

Play in silence…..


Verses were written for the child who died

Songs were sung for the clown who sighed


Hence, play in silence…..


Prayers adorn the serpents’ skin

The streets of Sodom were kept clean

The pigeons cooed with the morning star

I dream of soldiers who fall in war

Chairs and stairs, they lie in pairs

The clock has stopped, though nobody cares

Sons and sinners – they carried the cross

Long dead flesh – covered with moss

As gypsy ladies stared across

The sky that smells of profit and loss

The sun keeps setting on lizards’ eyes

The Son of Man shall never rise

Flowers to bloom and rivers to flow

I’ll sleep awhile and then I’ll go

As the sea smells of semen and dust

Live we shall, for live we must

He talked to the storm, it told him to wait

Inside churches one dare not masturbate

Rain on rooftops – the same old rhyme

Bread with butter, vodka with lime

The moon had blocked my way to the stars

I took out my knife, I gave her those scars

And that’s the way all cookies crumble

The sky so proud, the stomach so humble

I need those pangs of hope and joy

Freedom and sex – eternity ahoy !

And hence these words and hence this song

Move along, move along….


Heart, play in silence, I plead to you

But don’t stop playing, my faith is new….


But what shall you play?

There’s nothing left to say….


Whatever, I don’t give a damn

Play it, play it again Sam !


The blood that flowed, the veins that throbbed

The rivers that glowed, the loner who sobbed

The child who smiled, the lovers who kissed

The nights so wild, the flame that hissed


Play all these, heart, I beg to thee

Play in silence, make love to me

For there are treasures I’m yet to see

Hence tie me down, but set me free....

6 comments:

Som...getting it off my chest!! said...

This one has many of the underlying themes that appear in many of your poems...yet,somehow,this one rises above all of them-speaking from my side,this is your best creation ever-this one even exceeds 'Blue'-this one sparkles.

Brainfreeze Blues said...

i concur with smileyface

Anonymous said...

can i say it???ok i shall go ahead and say it...

THIS REALLY IS YOUR BEST POST TILL DATE.....

AND BY BEST I DONT MEAN AMATEUR LEVEL BEST.....SERIOUS ART LEVEL BEST....

TAKE A BOW ATIN!!!!

Quintessence Of Illusion said...

Your best till date......trust me..........so many layers.......o thots....n imagntion......kudos.......

Samadrita said...

'Play it, play it again Sam !'


Are you talkin' to me?
Kidding :P

Haunting,eerie,macabre but an engrossing read. :)

Soumi said...

"Snails have recently crawled down from her reddened eyes,leaving their glutinous shiny trails upon their face."