Friday, October 9, 2009

Asclepeion and the Faithless Prophet

The other night I dreamed of Allen Ginsberg

but untamed tears made my dream blurry

Hence I don’t remember what he said

There were snow-flakes in his beard,

though snow doesn’t fall in Calcutta…..


Outside there’s a tree where strange

and unknown flowers bloom – he

stood beside the tree and stared at me

through my window which I keep open

from March to October.


Flags and flames and horses and lighthouses –

These happen to be the regular features

of my dreams, with the occasional candles

and empty streets and spiders and gardens

But for a change, this time

it was Ginsberg – silent, distant and sad


And this was rather strange :

For I associate good old Allen Ginsberg

with the holy blank laughter that bursts out

from the darkest depth of the womb

of the sleeping earth and shatters itself

into a million hollow and shining pieces

of darkness and light – that crazy all-encompassing

laughter at the face of impending doom

like those Biblical thunderbolts before

the final storm……

A lame association, I must admit

But that’s the way it is !


But in that dream the prophet had pain in his eyes

And that filled my dream with those passionless tears

Then again, it might have been just the autumn rain

and nothing else.


Too much sugar in my coffee, I guess

7 comments:

Brainfreeze Blues said...

Too much sugar in coffee?

I think not.

Too much Ginsberg was what I was going for! :P

'Supermarket in California'-esque almost. And that iij a compliment I suppose!

Muchas Amores!

atindriyo said...

What peaches and what penumbras !

Sorcerer said...

But in that dream the prophet had pain in his eyes

And that filled my dream with those passionless tears

Then again, it might have been just the autumn rain

and nothing else.

-
good one..good one

Quintessence Of Illusion said...

Ginsberg overflowing from your cup o coffee.....the right vision....channelised in the right direction.......brilliant as usual

Anonymous said...

you are a Ginsberg fanboy...but that's something to be proud of.....great job done here!!!

Som...getting it off my chest!! said...

Good dream to have I guess...I would like to have a few of them.

Soumi said...

September on Jessore Road. Kissass,boy,kissass!