Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Silence, Love, and the Sparrows

Please don’t turn your face from me,
When it rains real hard
Shine for me, O Shine for me,
When the sun gets all covered up

In the glint of the snowflakes
Let me feel your eyes,
For the sky is all fog and smoke
And the thunder brings no surprise

But the night, it wilts away
Like the flowers of your silent smile;
I’m tired, tired, walking all day
Hold me in your arms for a while

See the old man, drowning in sorrow
Clutching his old violin
He knows there’s no tomorrow
Every day is today for him

See the young boy, eating his pears
Sitting at the branch of the magic tree
He stares at the sky and discovers his tears
As he sees the sun going down into the sea

Evening falls like a drop of tear
Floating across the lonesome valleys
In the gypsy tents they gather around fire
And listen to the wise man’s stories

Shine on me, for the moon is down
It’s cold outside and the fire is dead
Take my scepter, take my crown
And give me some love instead

But I need to fight, I need to conquer
The loveless kingdoms beyond the sea
Promise me that if I fall in the war
You’ll spare a sigh and a rose for me

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you plan to exit the adult world.. lemme know your travel plans

Samadrita said...

Okay this one I like.It's so dreamy,sweet and innocent.Don't go back to your old macabre form anytime soon though.

The modern penfighter said...

Nice improvement from the 'golden monkey' days...:)

Quintessence Of Illusion said...

very innocent...........and totally different from the kind of articles you write