Sunday, June 21, 2009

An Ode to a Hypothetical Classmate

In the distant provinces
There lives a pretty princess
I see her in faint glimpses
In beautiful dreams

She is like Hamlet’s Ophelia
She is like a winter Dahlia
She is like a Christmas Camellia
She reminds me of chocolate ice-creams

She has a strange light in her eyes
She is fond of butterflies
She must be a fairy in a lady’s guise
And her whispering voice breaks up in a thousand sighs

I have no words to describe her face
She is the epitome of beauty and grace
She wears a purple moonlight dress
And she steps out of a photograph by Arthur Tress

Indeed she’s a pretty lass
She sits right next to me in class
And I might sound a little crass
But she has a boyfriend, alas !

5 comments:

NesQuarX said...

Don't they all?

atindriyo said...

Yeah...
*sighs*...

Samadrita said...

Aww..don't lose heart my friend.I'm sure you'll find another pretty classmate soon who hopefully enough doesn't have a boyfriend already! :) :P

atindriyo said...

That's highly improbable...Good looking classmates have the diabolic habit of possessing a boyfriend

The modern penfighter said...

hmm... who is this "classmate"?? I really, really like this poem...quite unlike the others...